Sunday, January 2, 2011

Hawai'i Again



Hey All -

We've been on the ship for three weeks. Before that we were in Chicago for two weeks, rehearsing and holding auditions for our upcoming season.

Chicago was a lot of fun. We got to see lots of friends and experience a little bit of winter. The first week was all rehearsals for the ship - we rehearsed our show and the new Murder Mystery. Rehearsals were a lot of fun. They always are.

The second week we were there we were off work. Why? Well Andy & John, two of our cast mates, had to go a week early to do their Merchant Marine training so we got a free week in Chicago. We used the week to see friends, walk the city and hold auditions. We had a great turnout for our auditions - over 100 people - and we saw lots of great folks.

I did have one disturbing side effect of winter hit me - I got "winter rash." Basically I got hives everywhere but my face which was just lovely. I thought at first I was having an allergic reaction but it turns out it was just my body freaking out over the cold. Yep. I'm allergic to the cold. I got over it with some cortisone and lots of moisturizing.

While we were there we went to a great show called Alien Queen - it is a mash-up of the Alien movies (the first two) with the music of Queen. It was a great show with cross dressing, puppets a full band and lots of singing! We also saw John Hartman's solo show "I'm Sorry I Missed You" which was wonderful.

We got on the ship on December 11th. We had a great first week with our Director, Matt Craig, and our Producer, Beth Kligerman. We had our mainstage and the murder mystery within the first 3 days of getting onboard. It was a bit crazy. This did free us up to have a big adventure on Kaui'i. We rented a van and went to the Waimea Canyon, Grand Canyon of the Pacific, which was great. Beth took us all out to dinner at a localavore place called 22 North. It was delicious.

We're settling into the ship. I seem to have a caught a small sinus infection. I'll feel rundown and then feel better and then back to run down again. I'm going to the doctor today so I'm sure I'll get better right away.

I got a new camera so I'll put a few photos too - more to come!

NYE on the POA!
Fireworks over Honolulu on NYE

Napali Coast - Kauai'i
Napali Whale - look for the blow in the lower left corner!

Us at the end of 2010

Some random images from 2010
My nephew, George, graduated in 2010! That's him with his parents - Dan & Dorthy. Dan is my brother.
My Mom and I and Laurenitz Gardens in Omaha!


My Dad and his wife, Mary, visited MDI this summer!

No comments: