Friday, January 5, 2007

Miami Day

So today we're in Miami running errands...Larrance is off at the post office, walgreens and bank of america and I'm sitting in the lobby of a hotel posting photos!

I didn't understand how the blog site organized photos (now I do!) so they're not in chronological order but they are labeled. I'll try to post more photos in a couple of weeks. I still need to get more photos of the ship and of course we'll be taking photos in the various ports we go to.

This week we're off on our first nine day cruise. We're going to Rosseau, Barbados, Antigua, Tortola, St. Lucia and I think somewhere else. After that we do a five day to Belize & Cozumel....and we'll alternate between these two runs.

We start our nine day with two days at sea. Pray for us that we don't go stir crazy. I also hope that this load of passengers is a little less weird than our last load. The last load was loud and rude and they all went to bed by 10pm so our late shows we're a little slow. In fact, all of the shows were lightly attended.

On New Year's Eve, I completed my resolution not to eat french fries or potato chips for a year. I had my first taste of french fries just two days ago. Frankly, I don't think I missed much....or at least that's how I feel about the ship's fries. This year I've resolved to only eat dessert 4 times a week and that mixed drinks count as dessert. I've already started that - I've had two desserts this week - so I have two left to go. The two I had were incredible - chocolate souffle with irish cream sauce and a cashew brownie with green tea ice cream.

Larrance has been finding time to compose a bit of music and he's been getting to play the grand piano in the Stardust theater when it's empty.

Hope you're all doing well. We'll write again soonl.

5 comments:

mer said...

Loved the hats, especially Larrance. Now Jen, how can be set up a bar swing at home? Would be fun. Cute pic of your home away from home. What an adventure. Hugs, Mary Ellen

Unknown said...

hey! miami! florida! and hats! and pictures! fun! i didn't get the lead in the one act. eddie and peter hudz beat me out for the top spots. but i still have a substantial role, just not as substantial. and i was totes looking forward to crossdressing on stage. i'm pretty sure that is the only guaranteed laugh in theater history. anyway. send a postcard!

Unknown said...

Hey cool! I just discovered this blog. Hurray for you guys and Happy New Year!

Rob

Jen & Larrance on a Ship said...

Hi Rob & Declan and MER,

Thanks for the comments. They're ever so nice to get while at sea.

Rob, I hope you're well. I haven't seen you in a while.

Jen

Unknown said...

I *am* well, thank you. My wife and I are hurriedly packing for a move to lovely Edgewater and I'm writing another play. Woohoo! Glad to see you and Larrance are doing fabulously well on the ship and I will hang on every word of this blog with bated breath.