Saturday, February 20, 2010

Oh My....

Hi Everyone,

Well, I haven't posted recently but I have a good excuse! I came down with Swine Flu! At least I think I had the Swine Flu, I had all the symptoms of it and I was awfully sick. I was sick enough to miss a show and to do a lot of (s)whining. I'm better now and ready for more adventure so I'll be posting another entry in the next few days....

I did want to share that we've been seeing a lot of dolphins recently. Yesterday as we viewed Na Pali coast there must have been a pod of 60 Spinner dolphins around the ship. They were jumping, spinning and cavorting. One of them swam right by the ship, just under the surface of the water, for about 5 minutes. It really looked like a ghost.

The whales have also been at it again - lots of breaching, tail slapping and head slaps. Those whales know how to put on a show.

We did go on a whale watch and snorkel trip on Monday. It was spectacular. We had a full grown whale (a male?) breach about 50 yards from the ship. It breached like 4 times in a row and then it stayed on the surface where we all got a real good look at it. The snorkeling was only so-so mostly because I got super cold. I think I was still getting over the flu...dumb flu.

My Birthday occurs in just over a week! I will be 40 years old in 8 days! Hooray for me!!!

~Jen

No comments: