Sunday, March 25, 2007

2.5 Weeks...

Hi! Well it’s weird to say but we’re almost done here. We have a five day, a nine day and a five day left. This last cruise we didn’t do much. We took it very easy. I think we’re conserving our energy for the last big push. What we did do was great....

I already blogged about our trip to the Emerald Pool on Dominica but here are some photos.....


All of us in the van....


Heather with the “tree monkey”


Rainforest


Self-Portrait in Rainforest


View of Emerald Pool from above


At the Emerald Pool



Nice to be Nice Sign aka home of the rhyming, screaming, laughing fruit guy


Mr. Nice with Heather who’s like a feather and controls the weather...ahahahah!

In Barbados we went back to the church to see if the organ was being played.

No luck so we wandered around bought some presents and ate at Chefette’s.

In Antigua we did the same...well almost. Bought some presents, drank some wine, ate some pizza and drank some Ting!

On Tortola we got up very early (because the ship leaves Tortola at 1pm and we have to be onboard by noon) and headed off to Brewer’s Bay. I have never had this experience before....we arrived at the beach to find....one other person sitting on this huge beach! It was incredible.

There were Pelicans everywhere dive bombing the water and hanging out on the rocks. The beach was made up of very soft fine sand and there was only one other person on the beach!!!! In the water there were two other people....it was amazing. The snorkeling was great. Lots of really big (3 to 4 ft) parrot fish, angel fish, grouper and a bunch of other stuff. I really need to get that reef fish book so I can start identifying these fish.
Pics..


Tortola cow we saw on they way...


Brewer’s Bay - one person!


Brewer’s Bay looking down the beach


Looking out of Brewer’s Bay



Pelicans of Brewer’s Bay


L with Ting!

I got an underwater camera in Miami today so I’m going to take some photos and then I’ll be able to identify all the fish!!!


Now we’re off to Cozumel and Belize. In Cozumel we’re going to take the ferry over to Playa del Carmen to meet some friends from Bar Harbor. Michelle, who hosts my knitting group, and her boyfriend, Danny, just happen to be vacationing in Mexico. I love meeting people I know in places I don’t know.

In Cozumel, we’ll also be joined by our new cast member, Martin. Yay!

For the last couple of months our Cruise Director has been Clint Wells and he did a great job. He was easy to work with and always pleasant to chat with. He signed off today and we’re getting a new Cruise Director named Simon. I’ve heard great things about Simon so I’ll look forward to getting to know him. We also got a new Captain this week. And next week we get a new Hotel Director and a new Assistant Cruise Director. It’s strange to have all this turnover so late in our contract but then I’m reminded that it’s not all about me. Good luck, Clint! Have a great vacation!

2.5 weeks and counting.....

~Jen

No comments: