Friday, December 22, 2006

Starry Starry Night

Well at this point we've done 5 improv shows and two showcase shows. Most of the improv shows have gone well and both of the showcase shows went great.
We received a spontaneous standing ovation for both of our showcase shows....this isn't unusual for the ship but it was still very nice.

Today we start our first seven day cruise. We're going to Samana, Tortola, St. Thomas and Great Stirrup Cay (NCL private island).

On the last cruise, we went to Key West and Cozumel. Key West was fun and very cute. We had a pretty good time until Larrance and I decided to separate from each other. He was going to run to get some presents for his Secret Santa and I wanted to look for my Secret Santa too. So we agreed to meet in front Fat Tuesdays at 1pm...that's what I thought...Larrance thought we were meeting in front of Sloppy Joe's. Basically we waited for a half an hour in front of our respective bars until we managed to find each other on Duvall St. It turns out that during the time we were apart we were thinking the same thing, "He/she's not here. He/she must have been hit by a car/had a heart attack/got mugged/sold into white slavery! What will I do?!?" So when we saw each other we were relieved and pissed in equal parts and we said, "THERE YOU ARE! Are you Okay!?!"

That night we had our improv show and I created, along with my scene partner Michael, a very memorable scene about Herpes. Seriously, it was some funny stuff. After that show, we met some of the Jean Ann Ryan (JAR's) dancers. They are all very tall and they wear super high heels. Larrance and I look like tiny tiny tiny people next to these statuesque beauties. They're all super nice and since we're all in theater we have a lot in common. So that's nice.

Our director, Matt Hovde, had his last night on the ship last night. We went to the Lotus Garden and had a great meal. Then we went to the Bliss Ultra Lounge and danced to ridiculous pop music. We were mini celebs! Many cruisers said hello to us and complimented us on our shows. One of the fans, a young lady, grabbed my ass and lifted my skirt.....then she apologized and I left the dance floor.....not because of that but because I was tired. Although it was strange to have my skirt lifted by a very drunk 21 year old.

Tomorrow is a sea day. Andy and I are going to a Yoga class tomorrow. We've been going to the gym but now we're going to try the classes. They offer one called Boot Camp which kind of scares me.....who wants to go to Boot Camp on a cruise ship? Not me!

Merry Christmas Everyone. I send you all holiday cheer and lots of love.

~Jen & Larrance

5 comments:

Unknown said...

i send back more holiday cheer. boooooooooooooooom. anyway, i love reading the blog. i wish a drunk 21 year old would lift up my skirt. :(

Deanna Moffitt said...

Love the updates! Can you guys get mail? Do we send it to you address and it gets forwarded? We've got a Christmas card for you but we're not sure where to send it. Now of course you won't get it until mid January...but it's still worth it :)

Jen & Larrance on a Ship said...

We can get mail from maine or directly to:

1007 N. America Way
Suite 100 POB#153
Miami FL 33132

Thanks J+L

Rose *) said...

A Wonderful & Blessed
Christmoltice-Kwanzanakuh....
(now..did I leave anyone out???)
Seriously....May your heart be filled with Peace, Joy & Contentment in this season & throughout the year!!
Big Holiday Smooch,
*)

Chad said...

Is Declan really cross dressing now? It seemed inevitable.

I have been reading your blog and it is...okay. It's nice to keep up with how your doing, but it could be better.

I think it would be more entertaining if you guys had a really big fight or a threeway or a big fight that ended in a threeway. Needs more conflict or boners. Just a suggestion.

One more suggestion, have a great new year.

-Rich S.